The Treasurer, being a curator for Winneshiek County, is responsible for the receipt, management, disbursement, financial reporting, and investment of all monies paid to the County and serves as agent for the State of Iowa Department of Transportation and Iowa Department of Revenue and Finance.
The Treasurer compiles composite reports from individual record books to general ledgers, reviews and reconciles receipts, bills, and cash received to assure accuracy of figures to prevent discrepancies and financial loss. In addition, the Treasurer categorizes, indexes, files and deposits materials, forms and monies received to assure public funds are administered properly.
The Treasurer is responsible for the proper receipt, accounting and disbursement of county funds within proper policies established by the State of Iowa, Winneshiek County Board of Supervisors and corporate and unincorporated taxing entities for adequate financial control.
To make on-line property tax and vehicle registration payments, click HERE for more information.
|Transaction: General Office Hours||Hours: 8:00 - 4:00, Monday - Friday|
|Transaction: Driver License||Hours: 8:00 - 4:00, Monday - Friday|
|Transaction: Driver License Knowledge (written) Tests||Hours: 8:00 - 3:30, Monday - Friday|
|Transaction: Car Drive Tests (behind the wheel)||Hours: 8:00 - 3:00, Monday - Friday|
|Transaction: CDL Drives||Hours: By Appointment|
Financial Management Duties
- Investment of Revenues
- Keep accurate record of monies received and disbursed
- Checking supporting data for all check and cash receipts from all county monies
- Submit accurate financial records for annual audit
- Prepare monthly reports
- Prepare reports throughout the year for the Winneshiek County Board of Supervisors and State Auditor
- Update Investment Report bi-annually
- ACH transfers of monthly tax payments
- Apportion of taxes to various entities
- Collect miscellaneous revenues from all county offices and departments